Auto Destroy On PvE Cluster

13 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
BearGryllsTV
(@beargryllstv)
Estimable Member Admin
Topic starter

After our poll with regards to wiping the servers on a 6 month rotation did not pass we have been investigating other ways in which we can help with server speed and hopefully reduce the amount of server crashes we get.

So here is the proposed solution.

We are considering adding a server side mod that allows us to control the decay timers, the mod allows us to set a specific time before a base will be Auto destroyed. At the moment our admins ( Specifically HairyHog, Gayajade & recently Shadywaffle ) spend almost everyday all day tidying up the maps to allow new players to have somewhere to build and most importantly from my side ensure the servers run as fast as possible. 

I thought the best way for you to decide is to do some pro's and con's on this.

Pro's 

• All structures will be destroyed after 18 days of not logging on to the map.
  • All Dino's will be destroyed after 18 days of not logging on to the map.
  • For you budding architects you will have 1 timers for all building materials.
  • The option for us to add a Holiday decay timer and add you to a group if you are away for longer that 18 days
  • Auto destroy baby dinos that have not been claimed.
  • Will give our admins more time to help with other things.

Cons

• You will no longer be able to claim anyone's dinos
  • You will no longer be able to raid anyone's base.
  • Small thatch bases for new players that come and go really quickly will last the 18 days  rather than the normal 4 days. 
  • Small Wooden/Adobe bases for new players that come and go really quickly will last the 18 days  rather than the normal 8 days. 
  • Tek bases will be reduced to 18 days rather than the standard 35 days.

Below is a write up on the specific plugin we have been looking at.

Hey - you server administrator out there,

Are you fed up with players placing structures all over the map but not decaying ..?
Or even players who claim good spots (especially on PvP servers), but then just leaving for some reason?

Then you came to the right plugin!

This plugin allows you to set a specific time to remove structures from players who were not online in this time.

Lets say you configure 48h in the config file - this would mean that every player can be offline for 47 hours without loosing any structure. If the player exceed this time all structures on the map of the player / tribe will get removed.

This plugin will give you:

• better Performance
  • more Players
  • a balanced contrast for Protection Plugins / Mods

Please Note that the plugin only has been tested with MariaDB - Other DBMS can cause a malfunction of the whole plugin or even to a loss of all dinos / structures on the entire map!

Spoiler
Sample Config
JSON:
{
   "Backend": {
    "useMySQL": true, // Enable MySQL
    "ServerPrefix": "Unique", // Set a unique server prefix for each different server you got
    "SynchronizeOnCluster": false, // false = only update time on server where the player joins | true = update any connected server (cluster)
    "MySQL": {
      "Host": "127.0.0.1",
      "Port": 3306,
      "User": "user",
      "Password": "secret",
      "Database": "database"
    }
  },
  "Decay": {

"Commands": {
      "CheckCommandEnabled": true,
      "CommandLabel": "decaytime"
       },
    "AnnounceCheck": true,
    "AddAlreadyExisting": true, // Add already(before plugin have been installed) existing actors to Database
    "VIPGroup": "vip", // VIP Group for VIPTime
    "CheckSteps": 10, // Amount of actors getting processed per second (lower checksteps will give a performance improve)
    "UseInterval": true, // true = use CheckInterval
    "CheckInterval": {
      "GivenIn": "HOURS",
      "Value": 6
    },
    "ScheduledCheckTime": 22, // one check @22:00 each day
    "Structures": {
      "Enabled": true, // Enables decaying of structures
      "DecayTime": {
        "Value": 48
      },
      "VIPDecayTime": {
        "Value": 60
      }
    },
    "Dinos": {
      "Enabled": true, // Enables decaying of dinos
     "UnclaimDino": false,
        "Value": 48
      },
      "VIPDecayTime": {
      }
    }
  },
  "AutoBreed": { // Enables the automatic decaying / killing of unclaimed dinos so people don't throw 1000 eggs at once
    "Enabled": true, // Enables / Disables the feature
    "CheckInterval": {
      "GivenIn": "SECONDS",
      "Value": 10
    },
    "MaxUnclaimedTime": { // Maximum time beeing unclaimed before getting killed / decayed
      "GivenIn": "SECONDS",
    }
  },
  "SoloStructureOverrides": [ // If you want to disable that just leave the "[],"
    {
      "BlueprintPath": "Blueprint'/Game/Mods/StructuresPlusMod/Misc/AutoTurret/PrimalItemStructure_AutoTurret.PrimalItemStructure_AutoTurret'",
        "Value": 36
      }
    }
  ],
  "DuoStructureOverrides": [ // If you want to disable that just leave the "[],"
      {
      "BlueprintPath": "Blueprint'/Game/Mods/StructuresPlusMod/Ladders/Wood/PrimalItemStructure_Ladder_Wood.PrimalItemStructure_Ladder_Wood'",
      "PlacedOn": "Blueprint'/Game/Mods/StructuresPlusMod/Structures/Foundations/Square/Metal/PrimalItemStructure_Foundation_Metal.PrimalItemStructure_Foundation_Metal'",
        "Value": 32
      }
    },
    {
      "BlueprintPath": "Blueprint'/Game/Mods/StructuresPlusMod/Ladders/Metal/PrimalItemStructure_Ladder_Metal.PrimalItemStructure_Ladder_Metal'",
      "PlacedOn": "Blueprint'/Game/Mods/StructuresPlusMod/Structures/Foundations/Square/Metal/PrimalItemStructure_Foundation_Metal.PrimalItemStructure_Foundation_Metal'",
        "Value": 24
      }
    }
  ],
}

Posted : 04/10/2019 7:47 am
 Axle
(@stevensipson)

I'm in agreement building materials should be a choice not a requirement due to decay timers. Makes admins life far easier to be able adjust individual base timers for those who are legible for protection requiring no babysitting or placing multiple shields over large bases. And finally to solve this infuriating issue of oprtunist folk just pillaging others bases and dino  and leaving half demolished and dino in situ. 

This post was modified 4 years ago by Axle

Posted : 04/10/2019 8:24 am
(@dave-b)

Although I vote yes on this I would ask, is it worth giving a 32 day time to those that have subscribed... nice to have perks for actually subscribing and I purposely build in tek just to get the extended timer even though I dislike the look. If this was the case I would be in love with this idea.

Posted : 04/10/2019 10:33 am
BearGryllsTV
(@beargryllstv)
Estimable Member Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: @dave-b

Although I vote yes on this I would ask, is it worth giving a 32 day time to those that have subscribed... nice to have perks for actually subscribing and I purposely build in tek just to get the extended timer even though I dislike the look. If this was the case I would be in love with this idea.

This was my idea also but it was suggested to me that other members may get very upset if we did that. Its something that we could possibly vote on also.

Posted : 04/10/2019 11:32 am
(@dave-b)

@beargryllstv

I would agree if subscribers got like 2 x damage on dinos or something like that as it would become a pay to win service. But a simple perk like extra time on decay timers that, lets face it if you are paying to play on a server you aren't just going to pay and not play.... just makes sense. Just makes it a bit simpler / safer maintaining bases on multiple maps.

If people aren't subscribing and aren't logging in for 16 days, chances are, they aren't coming back, or at least they can then take the option to sub to protect their bases/dinos if they are intending on going away for a period of time, which was made a paid for service before anyway.

Subscribing therefore provides a little extra peace of mind, but no advantage over others.

Posted : 04/10/2019 11:45 am
MG|HairyHog
(@tea-boy)
Trusted Member Admin

@beargryllstv

I would agree if subscribers got like 2 x damage on dinos or something like that as it would become a pay to win service. But a simple perk like extra time on decay timers that, lets face it if you are paying to play on a server you aren't just going to pay and not play.... just makes sense. Just makes it a bit simpler / safer maintaining bases on multiple maps.

If people aren't subscribing and aren't logging in for 16 days, chances are, they aren't coming back, or at least they can then take the option to sub to protect their bases/dinos if they are intending on going away for a period of time, which was made a paid for service before anyway.

Subscribing therefore provides a little extra peace of mind, but no advantage over others.

I don't think it should be different for subscribers as we already offer lots of subscriber perks and have to be careful that we don't alienate non subscribers!

That said, as a subscriber, if someone is going to be away for more than the allotted time frame they are already covered by the 'free' base protection given to all subscribers (provided they let us know) so it is a win win for both subscribers and our lovely servers....

Posted : 04/10/2019 12:11 pm
(@dave-b)

@tea-boy

I know what you are trying to say Bob but honestly i'm happy to subscribe as i know how much work you guys put into running these servers. But as for perks of subscribing, i don't really have a need for some extra coins etc, the boss fights are nice but i can do them myself. If anything i would say subscribers getting free boss kills was more alienating to new players than the extra decay timer... This would be a flat rate decent perk of subscribing without giving any real advantage or progression in the game ahead of others. 

I don't see how it would alienate any non subscribers as its not like they can claim anything once it expires anyway as it would just be destroyed. If they wish to sub and get the extra timer they can, if not, its equally not an issue as they have the standard 16 days which is still considerably longer than what they would normally get for thatch, wood or stone....

The bare bones of the issue here is finding a way to clear unused structures and dinos from the maps? If someone is subscribing, then they are active... otherwise they would not be paying. If someone hasn't been online for 16 days and isn't subing... honestly its unlikely they are active / coming back and the servers are cleared of the unused structures / dinos.

This post was modified 4 years ago by Dave B

Posted : 04/10/2019 12:42 pm
(@griffildur)

I think the materials a base is made of should matter, if a base is made of tek stuff then it should have much longer auto-destroy time then everything else. You might want to add a bit of extra time for subscribers as an extra perk. I vote no on the current form of the proposal

Posted : 04/10/2019 4:02 pm
BearGryllsTV
(@beargryllstv)
Estimable Member Admin
Topic starter

I am afraid that is not possible to keep the decay timers the same, we have looked into this also being PvE people like to build out of different materials to create really cool looking bases 3 day timers for them I really don't feel is fair.

Posted : 05/10/2019 9:31 am
(@griffildur)

I like the idea of being able to raid bases and claim dinos. Maybe we can find another way of doing this.

Posted : 06/10/2019 9:03 am
BearGryllsTV
(@beargryllstv)
Estimable Member Admin
Topic starter

Hey Griffildur

Many thanks for your comment this is a vote and at the moment it looks like the proposed solution will happen as its currently 16 Votes Yes and 1 No.

there is still time left thou so we will see what happens.

Posted : 06/10/2019 1:18 pm
MG|HairyHog
(@tea-boy)
Trusted Member Admin

@tea-boy

I know what you are trying to say Bob but honestly i'm happy to subscribe as i know how much work you guys put into running these servers. But as for perks of subscribing, i don't really have a need for some extra coins etc, the boss fights are nice but i can do them myself. If anything i would say subscribers getting free boss kills was more alienating to new players than the extra decay timer... This would be a flat rate decent perk of subscribing without giving any real advantage or progression in the game ahead of others. 

I don't see how it would alienate any non subscribers as its not like they can claim anything once it expires anyway as it would just be destroyed. If they wish to sub and get the extra timer they can, if not, its equally not an issue as they have the standard 16 days which is still considerably longer than what they would normally get for thatch, wood or stone....

The bare bones of the issue here is finding a way to clear unused structures and dinos from the maps? If someone is subscribing, then they are active... otherwise they would not be paying. If someone hasn't been online for 16 days and isn't subing... honestly its unlikely they are active / coming back and the servers are cleared of the unused structures / dinos.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply.  I know that when players reach a certain level that the coins are not so useful, but they are a very welcome addition to players in the earlier/mid levels.  I really do not think there is any need to offer extended decay times to subscribers as they are already covered by the subscriber perk which gives them 'free' base and dino protection (as long as they let us know) already.

Of course the main reason we have raised this topic is clearing structures/dinos automatically as this is becoming a very real full time job!  As for "If someone is subscribing, then they are active... otherwise they would not be paying"  we do have subscriber that are currently not playing on any of our server at the moment (for whatever reason) but still support the community by staying in Discord and their continued supporting subscription.

We do of course appreciate the extra support that subscribers offer to the community and always listen to and discuss any and all suggestions given by all our members, subscribers or not.

Posted : 08/10/2019 6:11 am
(@griffildur)

ok, so just in case the admins have not realised this yet, this rule is a complete disaster when it comes to unclaimed babies. I've lost 2 days of rock drake breeding, that's 3 or 4 cycles at 10-15 babies each.  The reason is because babies are killed 2 minutes after being born.

I am hoping whoever enabled this rule made a mistake and set the timer at 2 minutes instead of 2 hours or 2 days.

I was watching D Bag stream and saw the babies disappear after 2 minutes. I have a big breeding place and I breed a lot. I do not have time in 2 minutes to claim all babies, check their stats, kill the ones I don't want. It's just not possible. Even 2 hours is not enough time because I can't be stuck to my chair waiting, drakes in most cases don't even show timers so you have no idea when they're popping out. in my case, the breeding cycle takes the better part of an hour and babies keep popping out as the females start gestating at different times. Just for reference, I have 2 pens for drakes, each with 1 male and 10-12 females. I am also planning to start breeding wyverns, but obviously won't bother until this gets fixed.

I raised a ticket about this but I thought i'd post here as well to give it more visibility. I am hoping this can be fixed quite quickly as it makes breeding virtually impossible for me and breeding is a big reason why I play this game. 

Thank you.

Posted : 02/11/2019 12:29 am
Share: