Reusable Mod on PVP.

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
MG|HairyHog
(@tea-boy)
Trusted Member Admin
Topic starter

It has been suggested that we install Better Reusables mod on the PVP cluster. Cast your vote....

Posted : 07/09/2019 9:46 am
Topic Tags
 Axle
(@stevensipson)

I voted no because I believe it is unbalanced for PVP. Reusable Bola,whips, grapple hooks and parachutes on tap makes raiding and defending far too easy in my opinion.However there is no reason it can't be tested to see how it impacts PVP play positivly or negatively.

Posted : 07/09/2019 2:43 pm
lifechariot
(@lifechariot)

Everyone can use it, so it's fair, and grappling is one of the most enjoyable activities in ARK.
Skill and talent that can be developed with grappling in diverse situations.
When grappling is combined with gliding and PvP action, the results can be amazing and downright hilarious.
As their are significant weight penalties on this server, compared to other stack- me PvP servers, better execpt grappling hooks imo.

Thanks

Posted : 08/09/2019 1:12 am
lifechariot
(@lifechariot)

Posted by: @lifechariot

better execpt grappling hooks imo.

Thanks

This was supposed to read:

better exempt grapling hooks imo.

As in "let them not incur weight penalties", "set the grappling hooks free". "let them live unhindered" and "lincrease the grapppling fun".

Set them freee

Posted : 09/09/2019 8:49 am
 Axle
(@stevensipson)

When I say imbalanced I mean in the context that it takes a lot of the skill and certain dynamics out of the game yes grappling requires skill but infinite parachutes,whips and grapples removes the ability of being able to pick players so you can just anchor yourself to the ground with grapples immune to being picked and dropped off mounts as you always have an endless supply of parachutes and can even whip your captors off their flyers. The tools are available to everyone yes but the moral question is should they have an inexhaustible supply?

This post was modified 5 years ago by Axle

Posted : 09/09/2019 4:13 pm
lifechariot
(@lifechariot)

@stevensipson

I understand your concern, for I have thought through the same myself for a few years now.

This mod adds a Reusable Spear, Bola, Grappling Hook, Parachute and Boomerang.

In the early stages of a game I can see the argument that infinite bolas could unbalance the game, yet I find in these stages of the game I have 5-10 bola on me and vary rarely run out.

With an infinite parachute and being dropped when picked, I found the same thought of early game inbalance, but in acutal PvP, when I have attempted multiple parachutes when picked, its not the number of parachutes that keeps me alive or means I die.
Either I don't have them in a key/slot that's quick enough to access, so I fall too fast and die, or I hang and get spun attacked to death.
After a week or so the determining factor becomes the skill with which more potent weapons are used while in the midst of using such peripherals as parachutes.

The most enjoyable skirmishes I've had have been where there's multiple drops and picks.
Indeed it makes it more difficult to kill people, so more talent is required to be the victor - simply dropping people becasue they can't afford the wait of several parachutes is not particularly impressive even though effective against those new to PvP.

Grappling yourself to birds and the like so you can't get picked was patched two years ago I believe.

The other major consideration is that this mod is good for people who enjoy grappling.
Just a few moments ago I crafted 600 arrows, now arrows can only be crafted from the inventory, so this means I have to take 10 minutes out of my day to stand still crafting 600 arrows, and then go to the smithy which creates 200 grapples.
That's 15 minutes of every day just for grappling hooks, and that sucks.

Respectfully,

Posted : 11/09/2019 5:53 am
BearGryllsTV
(@beargryllstv)
Estimable Member Admin

I think its 50/50 i mean everyone gets the same advantage with it so both arguments are fair. See what the poll finishes on and we can leave that to decide.

Posted : 18/09/2019 4:42 pm
Share: