Request: Increased Land Claim Block Radius
So it's recently been brought to my attention that the claim block currently is set at the default 41 X 41. If you can't (at first) get your head around how far that is, that's 20 square blocks from your claim block on each side. With the recent implementation of PvP, I was hoping to push forward the idea of perhaps increasing that to 70x70 or potentially 80x80. I think this would benefit all players on the server for a number of different reasons:
- It would ensure that players have a fighting chance to put up adequate defences when defending against potential raiders/zombies. By the time you have created your "base" you currently have very little space to put up walls, traps, etc.
- It would allow players to create bigger bases, and not be confined to such a small building area. This would in turn implore an incentive to players to work on one base, rather than (potentially) multiple.
- Bigger bases = more loot = potentially more pvp/groups/tribes.
- Not necessarily a negative thing, but it'll make raiding that touch more difficult. It'll require raiders to work harder. If they want to raid a well-stocked base, they're going to have to put in the effort. Overall, I think this will make PvP/raiding/PvE far more intense. This will also marginally combat offline raiding, which (as we all know) can be a big pain in the butt!
- It will also give a bit of flexibility to PvE-orientated players, as described above. It'll require builders/base owners to not only build larger, but smarter too. With the recent change of inventories dropping on death, the risk will be with the raider, than currently the defender. The defender should (in most cases) always have a slight upper hand. I believe this will help fix this.
- Longevity: Let's be honest, no one enjoys having their bases raided into. It sucks, but it's part of the game. By increasing the land block size, it'll give players valid options when structuring the layout of their base.
I've included a few screenshots to visually detail what I mean. By the time you've created a small compound where your land claim block is held, there's very little you can do to protect it. While it's nothing to brag about, I've got over 500+ hours in 7DTD as 90% of those have been on a range of multiplayer servers. From my understanding, most if not all have increased the default size in some way. I would personally like to see an increase to 70x70/80x80 though I understand everyone is different.
I've included an image of three screenshots of me standing outside my base on the current border claim line. As you can see, there's not really much to work with.
What do you guys think? Would you like to see a bigger radius that you can work with?
Yas! I like this alot!
good ideas, would it be ok to drag you into a channel during the week to discuss further?
I’m not sure if I want to build big when you can get offline raided.
Pvp is also turned off at the moment. So as a defender you can’t do a thing against an attacker right?